I provide custom sewing services for a variety of home decor items, including pillows, cushions, table runners, curtains, etc. I can also create other non-clothing accessories or handbags (contact me to discuss this). All sewing is done by me in my studio — no part of the process is outsourced — so you can be confident that you will receive a product that has been made with quality and care, and designed to last. If you’re looking for something really unique or specific, or hoping to turn a piece of artwork into a textile good, I can guide your through the process of printing your design on fabric with Spoonflower.
HOW IT WORKS
- Contact me to discuss your project and ask any questions.
- Determine how much fabric you need for your cushions or other decor items. There is a great online tool from Sailrite that helps you calculate the amount of fabric you need, in yards. For items like placemats, table runners, and napkins, see my suggested yardage in the chart below.
- Choose and purchase your fabric. There is a helpful article here on One Kings Lane on the whole process, from design to construction.
- Purchase your fabric and your pillow inserts if needed. I can work with old inserts, or you can order new ones, but I prefer to have the inserts with me as I make the shams to ensure a good fit. Wawak.com has affordable and good quality polyester and down inserts in many sizes, with quick delivery to our area (usually 2 business days). Amazon also has many choices.
- Bring your materials to me. We will discuss a good time for drop-off over phone or email.
- I start working on your project! I’ll reach out to you with any questions along the way.
- When the project is complete, I’ll send you an online invoice and we’ll arrange a pick-up date. I can accept cash, check, or credit cards.
Please note these prices are for the sewing labor only. The fabric and pillow inserts are purchased separately by you.
|PILLOWS AND CUSIONS|
|Standard knife edge pillow sham (up to 24″ x 24″)||$35/pillow|
|Corded/piped edge pillow sham (up to 24″ x 24″)||$50/pillow|
|Standard bolster or neck roll||$45/pillow|
|Corded bolster or neck roll||$55/pillow|
|Gathered and buttoned bolster or neck roll||$65/pillow|
|Other types of sham finishings, box cushions, slipcovers, etc.||Contact me to request a quote|
|*Order or two or more pillows in the same fabric receive a 10% discount. All pillow shams are sewn with a standard invisible zipper on the bottom edge, included in the price. If you prefer a different style of closure just let me know.|
|Napkins (set of 4)||$40/set|
|Placemats (set of 4)||$40/set|
|Table runner||$45-60 depending on size and details|
|Table cloth||$60-80 depending on size and details|
|If you email me the dimensions you have in mind for each item, I can give you information about how much fabric you need. Napkins and placements (set of 4) usually take about 1.5 yards of fabric. If you plan to back the placemats with another color to make them doublsided, you’ll need 1.5 yards of each material. If you want placemats that are stiff/structured, I may suggest adding interfacing, which will add $10 to total for a set of 4. This depends on the thickness of the fabric. The yardage needed for table runners and tablecloths depends on the dimensions, so send me an email and I’ll help you figure this out.|
I can also make many types of bags and accessories, and can assist with many types of window treatments. Contact me to discuss your project and needs.
Orders are usually complete within 10-15 business days, unless there are holidays/vacation dates that span that time. When you deliver all of your materials, we’ll discuss timelines and agree on a delivery date.