Private and semi-private lessons give you personalized assistance on topics and projects you choose. We discuss your interests and goals and I work with you to design a lesson (or series of lessons) that help you build your skills or complete a specific project. I enjoy a challenge and no project is too basic or out there; whether your goal is to create a few wardrobe staples or design an outfit for Burning Man with built in LED lights, I’m there to guide you through the process. I’ve helped students create evening wear, reversible jackets, rock climbing gear, handbags, an array of sewn product inventions, a surf board cover… and many more items.
Time can be booked in increments of one hour, 1.5 hours, or 2 hours. The minimum lesson time is one hour.
- Private lessons (one on one): $45/hour
- Semi-private lessons (two students)*: $35/hour per person
- Three-person lessons**: $25/hour per person
*My online scheduling system does not have a way to automatically process semi-private or three-person lessons, so typically I correspond with students over email to work out a schedule and then send a private link that each person can use to pay online. To streamline the process, you can view my regular private lesson schedule online to see available times, and then email me to set up the private registration for you.
Package rate: Book six hours of lessons and save $20! Use this link to purchase the package first and then apply your credits to lessons. Lessons can be booked in increments of 1 hour, 1.5 hours, and 2 hours. Please note this can only be used for one-on-one lessons, not two or three person sessions.
- Beginning fundamentals
- Clothing construction, from beginner to a advanced
- Fitting garments
- Hemming, mending, and clothing alterations
- Costumes, cosplay, historical reenactment outfits
- Home decor
- Accessories and handbags
- Fun things for kids (toys, stuffed animals, doll clothes, etc)
- Patternmaking and draping
- Prototyping sewn good inventions/product ideas
- Fashion design school preparation
- Using a serger or industrial machine
- And more! Email me for specific requests.
HOURS and AVAILABILITY
I am available during daytime weekday hours (M-F, 9am-5pm). My schedule varies form week to week depending on my group class schedule and when other students book their appointments. In general, I currently have openings during these times:
If you can’t find time slot that works for you here, please email me with specific time requests. Occasionally I have spots available that may not show up yet on my calendar. I periodically update these hours as students shift their schedules, so email me or check back again if you are looking for more options.